All that you need to know about 3M-CII Young Innovators Challenge Awards 2021
Since 2014, 3M-CII Young Innovators Challenge Awards Program has been recognizing and promoting youth-led innovations that have the potential to bring about sustainable impact in our society. The Challenge has completed 7 successful editions and awarded more than 40 young innovators giving rise to 5000+ ideas for impact. Take a look at the Hall of Fame section of our website to view all the winners across all seasons. In 2021, the Challenge is back to discover the next generation of innovators who give us hope for a positive future.
History has repeatedly shown that a crisis necessitates innovation. While the pandemic has disrupted our society globally forcing the world to rethink, reimagine and adapt, science and sustainability have forged new opportunities across sectors.
In 2020, the Challenge recognized ideas for a resilient India. Innovation helps us venture into the unknown. 3M-CII Young Innovators Challenge Awards 2021 is calling for “Ideas that inspire hope for a resurgent India” and have the potential to restore and reshape society as we emerge out of the pandemic.
3M-CII Young Innovators Challenge Awards will showcase the six best early-stage innovations of the season at CII’s India Innovation Summit to be held from 14th-18th September. Additionally, 3M India will offer a seed funding of INR 3,00,000 to each of the six awardees to help further their work as well as provide a variety of media opportunities, access to professional networks, and mentoring.
Submissions are invited across sectors, i.e. health, education, livelihood, environment, art & culture, governance, and/or inclusive development, under three categories –
- Product Innovation – if the idea has a tangible offering.
- Service Innovation– if the offering is creating a wider impact based on intangible elements.
- Rural and Inclusive Innovation – addressing the needs of remote, rural, and vulnerable communities.
Through their philanthropy partner, United Ways Bengaluru, 3M India offers seed funding of INR 3,00,000 each to the 6 winning projects – two prizes under each category, i.e.
- Idea Prizefor innovations at project stagewithout an institution.
- Impact Prizefor innovations part of early-stage organizations with less than 4 years of existence.
All participants of the Challenge must be:
- Under 30 years of age and should be born on or post 1991.
- Should be permanent residents of India.
- Should not be current 3M employees, interns, or trainees.
- Make submissions in English.
- Should not make any submission of an idea to promote or market 3M or its products.
The Challenge aims to search, identify, recognize and support innovators who can contribute towards sustainable development, addressing the sustainable development goals (SDGs) stated by the United Nations. All submissions must conform to the following:
- Provide a strong proof of concept in the form of:
- Minimum Viable Project if at the idea stage.
- Prototype of the tested models if in early stages of an organization and eligible for impact prize.
- Provide evidence of impact in the form of:
- The projection with market feedback for Idea Stage submissions
- Primary feedback from stakeholders as a part of a dipstick of the prototype for institutionalised innovations
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to drive the idea in the form of:
- Eventual vision and plan over the next 6 months for Idea Prize Submissions
- The way forward for early-stage institutions or organizations for Impact Prize entries
- Financial Sustainability without Award Seed Fund in sync with:
- Project Plans over next 6 months for Idea Prize entries
- Business Plan for early-stage organizations under Impact Prize
- Award Seed Funding utilization in the form of:
- the specific impact on the project viability or innovator’s capacity
- Organizational capacity enhancement
- State contribution to which Sustainable Development Goal(s) stated by United Nations (UN SDG 2030)
The Challenge is open to submissions from anywhere in India, but the participating innovations, ideas, and initiatives must be relevant to our country’s context.
Register Now:- https://dare2compete.com/competition/3m-cii-young-innovators-challenge-awards-2021-3m-184760?refId=TMJFFW