American Express Codestreet’20 | Online Hackathon:-
American Express inviting all budding technologists from engineering campuses across India to participate in this tech-fest.There is a lot of learning and fun in store for you throughout the event.
The complete details about American Express Codestreet’20 as follows.
|Join Our Telegram Group(9000+members)||Click Here To Join|
|Create An Excellent Resume(Job Winning Resume)||Click Here To Create|
Eligibility to participate:–
- Students currently pursuing any technical degree from engineering colleges across India.
- Students across all graduation year, and across all branches are eligible to take part in this event.
This tech-fest is huge with several events coming your way and has the following activities for participation:
- Hackathon – Online + Virtual Finale
- Other events during Virtual tech-fest:
- Live Coding Challenge
- Panel Discussions
You can either register for Hackathon or Other events (Quizzes, Live Coding Challenge, Panel Discussions, vBooths) while registering for the tech-fest. Even those not shortlisted in the Hackathon idea phase can attend the tech-fest.
The following is the detailed timeline for the hackathon. The timeline for other offline events will be shared a week prior with the registrants.
Note: The final Hackathon will happen in parallel to some of the other events.
- Realtime Payments
- Smart Cities
- Cyber Security
- Payment solution for Small and Medium Business
- Monitoring Hotspots in Distributed Computing
First Prize :- INR 100000
Second Prize :- INR 50000
Third Prize :- INR 30000
American Express Codestreet’20 Registration Link :- Click Here To Register
- Do I need to pay any money to register for the Hackathon? No. You do not have to pay anything to anyone to register yourself for any Hackathon on HackerEarth.
- Do I need to have any specific qualifications to be a participant for the Hackathon? If you love to code, you are more than welcome to participate in the Hackathon.
- How do I submit what I have made for the Hackathon? You have to develop the application on your local system and submit it on HackerEarth in tar/zip file format along with instructions to run the application and source code.
- Do we need to have the entire idea fully working? The entire idea need not be fully implemented however, the submission should be functional so that it can be reviewed by the judges.
- How is the environment? Will your environment support any language? Will you provide any IDE and DB for us to work on ideas? You have to develop the entire software application on your local system and submit it on HackerEarth in tar/zip file format along with instructions to run the application and source code.
- Does one have to be online and available for the entire duration of the Hackathon? No, one does not need to be logged in on HackerEarth or be online for the entire duration. You can develop the application on your local system based on the given themes and then submit it on HackerEarth, on the specific challenge page. However, if you are selected for the finale of the Hackathon, then during Tech Fest day which will be conducted virtually, your team needs to be online in order to have regular interactions with the mentors from American Express.
- Since there is no specific technology mentioned, are there any restrictions on using number of pre-built libraries? There is no restriction to use any language, technology stack, or libraries. You can use any of them to create the web/mobile application.
- Do I need to give a demo for the product that I have built? If you want you can submit a small presentation or video that demos your submission, however it’s not mandatory, and only good to have. In case you are one of the winners, you might be invited to demo your application at a physical event, details of which will be shared with sufficient advance notice.
- A fully developed application need to have a solid backend for data storage like SQL, SharePoint etc. since its online, is it accepted to show only the proto type of it? Yes it’s absolutely fine to submit just the prototype. If you use any database like MySQL or PostgresSQL you can also submit a database dump along with your submission. However you are allowed to submit just the prototype.
- If it is a team submission, does that mean all team members will have access to work at the same time? Yes, all team members can login from their account and do application submission on HackerEarth.
- Who will own the IP(Intellectual Property) Rights to the product that I have built? The developer/developers of the web/mobile application will have all rights and own the IP of the product. However, all code needs to be in public domain (open source) so that it can be evaluated by the judges.