Think of Resume as your ultimate strategy for marketing yourself in the best possible way while going for an interview.
What is a Resume?
Resume is an important document containing a brief written summary of a job applicant’s past employment history, education, and other pertinent information with other general information. It plays a very effective role while appearing for any job interview as it gives a brief knowledge to the employer about one’s skills and experiences.
Why do you need Resume?
In these times of competitive markets whether it be jobs or business, a resume is usually a base requirement for moving forward in the interview process or while asking for funds for any start-up. A good resume will immediately display to the board why the candidate is a good fit.
There are many reasons why you need it to get a job:
- It outlines your relevant skills, experience and achievements
- It Displays the benefits you offer employers
- To grab the attention of employers
- Your capabilities which are required for the position
- Basic personality guidelines for employers
Why is it Important?
We all know that “the first impression is the last impression”. Without a favorable initial impression, a prospective employer is likely to stop considering you as a suitable candidate for the job or offer and move on to other candidates who have provided better resumes.
It’s more than just a document: It outlines your background, your skills, and your education so that a potential employer is quickly and easily able to see how your individual experiences can contribute towards a company’s success.
How to write a Resume?
Writing a Resume can be a very hectic task. But one must be always ready to face any challenge. If you’ve never written it before, don’t worry. You can visit: www.myperfectresume.com/ any time to build your first one.
MyPerfectResume will help you out with direct resume building and provides valuable insight about What does a winning resume look like? Design it with MyPerfectResume and flaunt it in front of Employers as a professional.
Points to keep in mind:-
One must keep in mind that the goal of resume is to get an interview not rejections, keeping it short, brief and relevant will always help. There are certain points that one should always keep in mind.
- Use Positive Language when writing it. Avoid negativity and irrelevant information.
- Strive for clear, concise wording to gain the reader’s interest,keep it simple, short and brief.
- Choose the resume format that works best with your work history.
- Leave some space in between different headings to enhance readability.
- Use action words throughout. Words like developed, prepared, managed, monitored, presented, and succeeded will help to stand out from others.
- Use action points with short sentences in the body. Keep it Simple and functional.
- Match the needs of the company. Include only the information that highlights work experiences that are relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Build a resume that highlights your strengths. In addition, highlight details that are relevant to the potential employer in question.
- Put yourself at the place of a reader and analyse it; if you were an HR professional often seeing hundreds of resumes each week, then will you accept it or not?
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be relevant. Don’t include too much information.
- Don’t include a photograph of yourself. Unless photos are requested.
- Make your career objective stand out.
- Don’t downplay achievements.
- Neatness counts.
- Stress past accomplishments.
- Don’t include personal references.
- Don’t ever lie on your resume.
- Include a variety of ways you can be contacted.
- Don’t use an unprofessional sounding email address for business purposes.
- Think in terms of accomplishments when writing your resume.
- Emphasize transferable skills.
- Don’t emphasize job activities and skills you don’t want to do.
- Do list team sports if you’re a new grad or college student.
- Don’t forget to proofread carefully.
What is CV?
A CV(Curriculum Vitae) is a document which contains an in-depth record of your whole career. It is usually two-to-three pages long but can just be more long, if necessary. A CV contains details about your education, professional career, publications, awards, honors, and other achievements of your academic as well as professional life. It is usually used for academic applications such as: academic jobs, research fellowship, etc.
A CV must contain the following information:–
- Contact Information
- Research Objective, Professional Profile, or Personal Statement
- Professional Academic Provisions
- Books/ Book Chapters
- Research Experience / Lab Experience / Graduate Fieldwork
- Non-Academic Activities
Difference between CV & Resume
CV and Resume both hold very different purposes and have their different meaning. The major difference between CV and resume are as:
- The first and most important difference between a CV and a Resume is how long each one of them is. A resume is kept short and brief (usually 1 page), whereas the CV is more comprehensive (it can go up to 2-3 pages depending on your experience).
- The CV is mainly used for academic purposes, such as applying for a research program, a Ph.D., or joining the staff of a university. On the other hand, a resume is written for a regular job in a company for any industry.
- The CV is a diary where you include all your academic qualifications, achievements, and certifications. Whereas, a resume has to be updated for each job you’re applying for, and has a bigger focus on your professional achievements, rather than academic.
How to analyse if a CV or Resume is perfectly formed or not?
While writing any official document it is very likely that you might forget some important point or any structural deformation might take place which we might not be able to detect. This might prove fatal for the candidate as one might get rejected. Worry not, reviewing your CV/Resume have become very easy and effective with www.cvowl.com/cv-review/ you can upload your CV/Resume here and get feedback from them within the next 24 hours. Easy! Yes it is, now get your resume reviewed with: CVOwl
Does your CV/Resume pass the 10 second test? – Send us a copy of your CV and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you suggestions –
Q. How to use MyPerfecResume?
A. You can directly visit: www.myperfectresume.com and start using it.
Q. How to use CVOwl?
A. Visit: www.cvowl.com/cv-review/, login and upload your CV/Resume and get it reviewed within 24 hours.
Q. Do i need to design a template?
A. No need to design any template you can directly choose the one you like from the available options.
Q. Can I change the color of any template available?
A. Yes, you can change the template color whenever you want.