KPMG Ideation Challenge 2022 | Prizes Upto 5,00,000:-
- All that you need to know about KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC) 2022, The KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC) is a unique experience of a lifetime, designed to stretch your limits and challenge what you think is possible.
- You will get to generate a new idea that could change the world, create a prototype, and then pitch it to business leaders. Along the way, you will work with KPMG member firms’ data scientists, coders, business specialists, and tech gurus, who will help bring your idea to life.
- Participate now to learn from experts. Work with a dream team. Build a winning pitch. Meet amazing people from around the world. And the further you progress, the more real-world experience you could gain.
Eligibility Criteria and Team Formation Guidelines:-
- Each team must have 4 to 6 members that are currently enrolled in a university.
- There must be a mix of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and Business students on your team.
- Each team must have at least 1 male and 1 female team member. KPMG believes that diverse teams are more successful at delivering diverse solutions. In case of any situation where there is a tie, teams comprising of members from diverse disciplines (STEM + Business) as well genders will be preferred and have an advantage.
- All team members should be pursuing a full-time undergraduate/bachelor’s degree/post-graduate program with at least one year remaining of their studies.
- To qualify, the Idea/solution should incorporate usage of advanced technologies, data, and analytics, cognitive methodologies and should be scalable into a prototype and a business model/case.
- Cross-specialization teams are allowed to participate.
- Cross-year teams are allowed.
- One participant cannot be a member of more than one team.
- Any deviation from the above-mentioned guidelines will result in the immediate disqualification of the entire team.
What is the challenge?
- This year we are challenging participants to create an advanced solution that helps an organisation/industry of your choice and the world at large with decarbonization and makes this planet a better place.
- Imagine you are part of a group of innovators looking to help the world grow from this experience. This is your chance to pitch your idea to a venture capitalist in the hope of obtaining funding to take your idea to market.
Here’s how you make that happen:
- Pick a client of your choice, within any industry.
- Consider your solution. This could be anything from a business concept to an activity, model, process, technology, or service that helps your client achieve and aid decarbonization.
- Remember, your experience will be shaped by your idea, so expect it to be anything but ordinary.
- Step 1 – Team Introduction Video Submission:
- Get started by understanding the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Gather a team of four to six members comprising STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), business backgrounds pursuing a full-time undergraduate/bachelor’s degree/post-graduate program with at least one year remaining of their studies.
- Confirm participation by registering and sharing required details of your team along with a 90 seconds video introducing each team member in a unique and creative way, specifying how your idea regarding decarbonization can change the world and why your team has a shot at winning this competition.
- The first few entries will be eligible for early bird prizes from KPMG in India.
- Step 2 – Mentorship Sessions: Eligible teams will undergo mentorship sessions with KPMG in India’s professionals to conceptualise their solution in detail and make it market-ready.
- Step 3 – Virtual Prelims: Qualifying teams will be required to elaborate on their idea/solution for the problem statement and submit a presentation in the designated format. Submissions for this round will be screened by a panel from KPMG in India and the shortlisted teams will proceed to the semi-finals.
- Step 4 – Virtual Semi-Finals: Teams shortlisted for the semi-finals will be mentored by professionals from KPMG in India and present their idea to a KPMG Jury. Winners of the semi-finals will then proceed to the national finale. Further, to ensure a diverse blend, KPMG would reserve the right to blend/merge winning teams from the semi-final round.
- Step 5 – Virtual National Finale:
- In this round, eligible teams will work closely with KPMG in India professionals to further hone their idea. They will present the finished version of their solution/prototype to a jury of leading professionals and take a shot at winning the title of ‘National Champion’.
- KPMG in India will continue to mentor promising teams from this competition and help them take their idea to the market.
- Step 6 – Virtual Celebratory and Networking Event: This will be an opportunity for the winning team from the India national finale to celebrate their achievement with teams from different countries, share experiences and learn in an action-packed event.
Over the course of time, you will have access to some of the sharpest and brightest professionals within KPMG member firms. So, the further you get, the more experience you gain, and all virtually.
Some Guidelines for Virtual Prelims:-
- Team leaders need to submit 10 slides presentations including the team introduction slide.
- The first slide should contain team details, other slides are for analysis or deliverables for the problem statement.
- Teams are required to make a 10-minute video presentation describing their idea.
- Guidelines for Video Presentation
- All team members need to be present in the video while explaining their idea
- The video needs to be part of the presentation
- Sample video: https://www.instagram.com/p/
- The video needs to be compressed and embedded in the presentation
- Compress your videos using this link: https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4
- If you face any issue while uploading the submission try uploading it in incognito mode.
- Team leaders need to upload the submission latest by 17th January 2022, 06:00 AM on the competition page itself.
What’s in it for you?
Learning / internships / PPOs & PPIs:
- A platform to ideate around advanced technology solutions that use data, analytics, robotics, AI within a business context.
- Chance to create solutions for real client problems just like KPMG member firms’ professionals across the world and bring your successful business model/prototype to the national finale.
- Opportunity to work in a diverse team and KPMG in India professionals from the advisory practice and develop critical business acumen as well as expertise. It is an opportunity built to position you for success!
- Constant coaching and guidance from KPMG in India professionals throughout the course of the competition would result in the development of your solution, your consulting skills, and your experience of what life is like at KPMG in India.
- Learn about the type of work we do and an opportunity to explore a potential career with KPMG in India – A chance to see where your interest and skills may best be suited.
- A shot at being considered for a pre-placement interview/offer by KPMG in India.
Rewards & Prizes:
- Winning team to get INR Five Lakhs and the prestigious title of ‘Team India’.
- Runner-Up team in the national finale to get INR Three Lakhs.
- Guaranteed internship with KPMG in India for the top two teams from the national finale.
- Opportunity to attend a networking event in Delhi/Gurgaon with leaders from start-ups as well as the industry. Travel and stay sponsored by KPMG in India.
- Continuous mentorship by KPMG in India professionals for teams with promising ideas and access to platforms for pitching their ideas to Venture Capitalists.
Registration Deadline:- 04th December 2021 06:00 AM IST
KPMG Ideation Challenge 2022 Registration Process:-
Apply In Below Link