Worried about Off-Campus Placements? Hang in there, it is easy to get one through TCS NextStep.
What is TCS NextStep?
TCS NextStep is a web portal offered by TCS for newly graduated fresher’s to simplify the process of getting a job in TCS easily.
If you are interested in getting a job in TCS, you have to register yourself through TCS NextStep portal for on campus or off campus placements.
There are two sections of TCS NextStep Registration available, they are IT for Engineering/MCA/Arts/Science & Diploma graduates and Business Process Service for MBA graduates.
Make Sure that one can register under only one category and registering in the incorrect category may lead you to repeat the entire registration process once again.
How to Register for TCS NextStep?
STEP1: Go to the official website- https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/ and after that click on “Register Now”. Make sure you do it with your desktop or with the official app of TCS NextStep.
STEP2: Choose your job profile between the two available profiles IT or BPS.
STEP3: Now Enter all your primary details very carefully like your college name, degree, email id, and your mobile number. After Filling all these details and click submit. After that you will be given your reference id and password through Email.
STEP4: Log in, now open the menu bar and click on “Application Form” from all the available options. After that in the application you have to submit your personal information and academic information.
STEP5: Now after filling everything carefully you can click on submit. Your application form will be submitted successfully.
Note: Don’t forget to download your submitted application form and keep safe with you.
Eligibility Criteria for TCS NextStep?
Eligibility for IT-Information Technology Roles
- Qualification– BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech (OR) MCA with BCA / B.Com / BA / B.Sc. (with mathematics or statistics background) (OR) M.Sc in computer science / information technology.
- Age– Min 18 years and max age 28 years.
- Job Role– Associate system engineers or Service desk.
- Percentage– more than 60% in your 10th, 12th, undergraduate and postgraduate with any backlogs in any of these.
- Gap–gap is allowed only if the management is satisfied with your reason for it.
- Experience– the experience allowed max up to 3 years.
Eligibility for BPS -Business Process Services
- Qualification– must have a Full Time MBA degree. Distance or part time mba degree is not valid.
- Age– min 18 years and max 28 years.
- Specialization–should have specialization in any of these to be eligible for this job- operations, finance, and marketing, IT & Systems or HR.
- Job role– Management Trainee
- Percentage–at least 60% above marks in your 10th , 12th , graduation , post-graduation without any backlogs in any of these.
- Gap– max two years of gap is allowed after a valid reason.
Job location– Across India.
Pattern of TCS NextStep Exam?
|Subject||Number of Questions||Allotted Time|
|Aptitude||20 Questions||40 Mins|
|Verbal Ability||10 Questions||10 Mins|
|Programming||10 Questions||20 Mins|
|Coding||1 Question||20 Mins|
What is the Recruitment Process for TCS NextStep?
TCS NextStep Recruitment Procedure takes place in 4 steps:
- Written Round
- Technical Round
- Managerial Round
- HR Round
Written Round :The Written round consists of four sections.
- Quantitative Aptitude Test: There are 20 questions that need to be attempted in 40 minutes. There are 2-star questions which have more weight than normal questions and are a bit tricky. There is negative marking of 1/3rd for the questions other than the star.
- Programming Language Test: This round consists of general questions from computer science and programming languages. It consists of 10 to 12 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes.
- Coding Round: It consists of 1 to 2 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes.
- E-mail writing :There will be given certain clues/words using which you have to write an e-mail in the space given. The most important thing is you have to use all the phrases given without missing even a single one. The time allotted is 10 minutes.
Technical Round : The students who clear the written round are called for Technical Interview. You can expect questions on any topic depending on the panel. To clear this round you should be clear with your basics.
Managerial Round : This round includes everything which was in Technical round plus it will be under pressure and a lot of cross-checking. Doubts will be raised on your answers to check if you can handle stress or not.
HR Round :This is the final round of the recruitment process. The interview panel can question you anything related to your personality, family, education, hobbies, internships, general knowledge, basic HR questions.
Additional Opportunities Available?
Other than the basic job profile there are many other Additional Opportunities provided for those who aspire to be a part of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
There are numerous job openings available for Freshers as well as job seekers in various domains as Trainee Engineers, Associate Software Developers, Fresh Engineers, Lavastrom Developer, Campaign Management, Analyst, Associate, Trade Doc Checking, Process Associate, Service Desk Agent, Help-desk Quality Lead, Oracle DBA, SAP MM/ WM Consultant, JDA SCPO, Filenet Developer, Angular JS Developer, Underwriter, Location Management, Full Stack Developer, Java Developer, Data Warehouse Developer, QTP/ UFT Testing, QA Analyst, SOAP UI, Groovy, Control System Engineer, Salesforce Professionals, L3 Linux admin and many more.
All you need to do is be passionate about what you do and the way you do it. TCS always welcomes new talents with new challenges.
Q. What is TCS Campus Commune?
A. TCS Campus Commune is a very wide network where one gets to interact with Peers & TCSers. It helps the candidates to stay informed about the company.
Q. How to register for TCS Next Step?
A. You can register through the official site at https://nextstep.tcs.com
Q. What is TCS Next Step Portal?
A. TCS Nextstep is an online recruitment portal that is made for all those candidates who are willing to become a part of TCS.
Q. Who all can register for TCS NextStep?
A. Graduate or Post Graduate from BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech (OR) MCA with BCA/ BCom/ BA/ B.Sc (with Math/ Statistics Background) (OR) M.Sc in Computer Science/ Information Technology, Operations, Finance, Marketing, IT & Systems, HR can register for TCS NextStep.
Q. Can I Change my Test Location?
A. You need to update the Nearest Test location (Personal Details section) while updating your Application form. After that you can not change it.
Q. I am not able to complete the application form from my mobile phone. What should I do?
A. Use a laptop or PC to complete the application form. Do not use your mobile phone to complete the application form.